Saturday, December 6, 2008

Look at all the pretty pictures!! (this should be a long one)

Well, there should have been pretty pictures, if I had taken any! So maybe this should be titled "I wish I had brought a camera"....
Let's start with this very cold missing picture of Kristen, Webber, some Reedy Creek Peeps, and me all standing around at 5am outside a tent in the EPCOT parking lot for the SALSA sale. For those that don't know, the SALSA sale is this HUGE "garage sale" that Disney does right before Christmas. We bought just over $500 in merchandise that cost us $116 dollars.
I think it should also be noted that I have already been up since 1600 the day prior to go to work all night till 3am. This fact will be important later.
Here is another missing picture of us looking at vehicles that the credit union is selling outside the SALSA sale right next door, including some Jeeps.
So here is a missing picture of us shopping around the big tent full of merchandise..
And here is a missing picture of all the purchases that we are carrying out to the car.
Then, we decided to go see the Jeep "one last time".
Well, by this time the car sale was actually occupied by representatives. I'm not going to bore you with all the details about "crunching numbers" or making Scott (our representative) buy gas for us out of his pocket, or sitting around for very long periods of time while all the employees got their stuff together, but suffice it to say that we ended up with a new Jeep Wrangle Sahrah 08 at a pretty good deal.. at least according to Kelly Blue Book.
So here is a missing picture of us racing home to clean out Kristen's Saturn, eating KFC, and racing back to trade it in.
Here is another missing picture of Matthew in some sleepless coma waiting at the table in a tent (again) while other "representatives" crunch some numbers.
So we ended up home around 4pm.
Here is another missing picture of Matthew, all passed out, after having been up around 26 hours or so...
So Kristen is thrilled she has the vehicle of her dreams, and I am happy for her as well. I am sure that I will be not "quite so happy" when that first payment bill comes, but it's all worth it in the long run.
So here is a missing picture of me with a neck brace on. See, Kristen's "dream vehicle" is a stick shift, and Kristen can't drive stick, and as anyone who has taught someone else to drive stick, it tends to hurt your neck.
I actually think I may drive stick better after having tried to teach her to drive stick. I also think that after a couple of more lessons she will have it down fairly well.

Webber's father and step-mother are in town. Here is a very cool missing picture of the $500,000 motor home they came down in with all the amazingly cool super high tech features. Yeah, those are some great missing pictures.

You know, at some point I thought I married a woman who LOVED taking pictures SOOO MUCH that she wanted to START A BUSINESS or something... but maybe not....

Ok, so I am going to set up my Christmas tree now, and NOT TAKE PICTURES...

No comments: